Please make sure you have permission to configure the following:
- Create a User in BigQuery
- Make sure you've selected the BigQuery Project you want to add the service account to
- Add "Narrator" as the "Service account name" and click "CREATE AND CONTINUE"
- Search for the "BigQuery Admin" role
- If you don't want to grant admin permissions see below for an alternative option
- Click "CONTINUE"
If you’re using the predefined roles in BigQuery, you need to use the admin role since it’s the only one that can create queries and list tables.
Want to create your own role?
- Click "DONE"
- Hover over the "..." menu for the new service account and click "Manage Keys"
Create new key
- Make sure the Key type is JSON
This will download a JSON file to your downloads folder
- Go back into the Narrator Portal and connect your warehouse
- Choose BigQuery
- Paste the Project ID into Narrator
- Upload the key JSON file from your downloads folder
- Make sure you're using the processing location that matches what you have in GCP (see below)
- Go to your console: https://console.cloud.google.com/bigquery
- Click an on any dataset and make sure the Data Location is the same and input that location
Press the 'Test and Save' button in Narrator. You should see that the warehouse was successfully connected. If not, verify that you've granted the proper permissions and try again.
Our data team is here to help! Here are a couple ways to get in touch...
💬 Chat us from within Narrator
💌 Email us at [email protected]
Updated 12 months ago