Define activities by writing simple SQL. Learn how to manage the data processing and control how each activity shows up for end-users in the Dataset Tool.
- You'll have full control over business definitions, data processing, and scheduling
- You'll add your first activities to Narrator, enabling your team to start building datasets
- Make sure your warehouse is connected
- You have a plan for your Customer 360
What is a customer 360?
What is an activity? [more info]
Adding an activity [tutorial]
- Defining an activity transformation [more info]
- Choosing Columns
- Which columns are required?
- Naming your activities (best practices) [more info]
- Source and Source_ID: Used for Identity Resolution [more info]
- Validating your transformation [more info]
- What happens when you push to production?
Viewing your activity in dataset
Controlling Activity Details in Dataset [more info]
- Renaming features
- Adding activity descriptions
- Changing the activity name
Monitoring Processing [more info]
- Understanding the activity stream processing in narrator
- Run Transformations Job
- Updating the processing schedule
Define a new activity
- Define the SQL
- Did you follow proper naming conventions?
- Did you rename the activity features after pushing to production?
- Create a dataset using your activity
Note: It’s recommended to start with an activity where the customer is known (logged in) or identified. Email activities are a great one for this, or sign up/purchase activities.
Controlling transformation specific processing
- Transformation processing types [more info]
- Resync a transformation [more info]
- Advanced configurations [more info]
Other transformation types
- Adding a customer table [more info]
- Adding an enrichment table [more info]
- When to add an enrichment table [more info]
- Creating activities from multiple transformations [more info]
Create your first customer table.
- Did you include any customer attributes that could be associated with activities instead?
- Did you label the customer columns so that dataset users can understand them?
- Can you view those details in the customer journey?
Congrats you've completed the Creator Core Curriculum, giving you a solid foundation to get started building, designing, and managing your Company 360. Now any user can start building datasets and self-serving analyses in Narrator.
Updated about 2 months ago
See additional trainings available to you: